Kościół Św. Stanisława

w New Haven, CT

Kościół św Stanisława, Zdjęcie wykonane przez Bill Keane

St. Stanislaus CHURCH

         HOME

 

 

 

 

HOME

 

OUR HISTORY

The New Haven Polish immigrants in the late 19th century first attended St. Boniface Church. On February 2, 1896, they formed the Society of St. Stanislaus. On September 12, 1900, Father Stanislaus F. Musiel was appointed to New Haven. He celebrated the first Mass on September 16 at St. Boniface Germania Hall on Wooster Street. On December 28, 1901, St. Stanislaus was made a parish. Father Musiel bought property at the corner of Dwight and Edgewood Avenues and refurbished the building for use as a chapel. On January 1, 1904, the parish had passed to the care of the Polish Vincentian Fathers. Father George Glogowski, C.M., bought a former Swedish Lutheran church on St. John Street, which was dedicated as a Catholic church on October 23, 1904, by Bishop Tierney. In 1910 Father Anthony Masurkiewicz C.M., arranged for the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth to teach in a burgeoning church basement school. A new St. Stanislaus Church was dedicated on April 27, 1913. In October 1921, a new parochial school was dedicated on State Street. In 1993, St. Stanislaus School merged with St. Michael's School. Both closed in 1995.

9 Eld St

New Haven, CT. 06511-3815

Tel  203-562-2828

Fax 203-752-0217

Pastor—The Rev. Roman Kmieć, C.M.

In Residence - The Rev. Stanley Miękina, C.M.

Fr. Stanisław Chorągwicki, C.M., Student, ESL

Parish Secretary—Mary C. Welborn

Trustees:  F. Michael Martucci & Robert J. Lane

Parish Accountant:  David Martorella

Parish Finance Council: Justin  T. O’Neill and Henry  C. Szadkowski

Director of Religious Education: Rev Roman Kmieć, C.M.

 

Daily Masses:  7 A.M. (English) & 7:30 A.M. (Polish) except first Friday 7 A.M. (English) & 7 P.M. (Polish)

Vigil 4:30 P.M. on Sat

Sunday Schedule:

7:30 A.M. Polish

9:00 A.M. English

10:15 A.M. English

11:30 A.M. Polish

2:00 P.M.  Latin Tridentine

Mówimy po polsku.

 

 

Rev. Roman Kmieć, C.M.

Pastor-Proboszcz

Rev. Stanley Miękina, C.M., Assistant

Rev. Stanisław Chorągwicki, C.M.